- 2 cups rolled oats, processed into a flour (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4-5 tbsp cocoa powder, to taste
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 75 grams dark chocolate (about 3/4 chocolate bar)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Flaked coconut, to garnish (optional)
1. Line an 8-inch pan with two pieces of parchment paper, one going each way. Set aside.
2. If making oat flour, add 2 cups rolled oats into a high speed blender. Blend on high until a flour forms.
3. In a food processor, add almonds and walnuts. Process until a very fine crumble. Add oat flour, cocoa powder (start with 1/4 cup for now), salt, and brown sugar. Process until combined.
4. Add in the maple syrup and almond milk. Process until a ball forms. Add another tablespoon of cocoa powder if desired. Process in the 1/4 cup rolled oats and chocolate chips until combined.
5. Take mixture and crumble it all over the prepared pan (it will be very sticky but not to worry). Now place parchment paper over top and press down evenly with your fingers. Use a pastry roller to smooth it out. Once smooth, place in freezer while you melt the chocolate topping.
6. Add chocolate, coconut oil, and peppermint into a small pot. Melt on low until most of the chocolate has melted and remove from heat. Stir. Remove pan from freezer and pour melted chocolate on top. Smooth out with spatula. Sprinkle on coconut (opt.) and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until set. Slice into 6 narrow rows and then in half to make 12 bars. Serve chilled with a glass of almond milk. Store in the freezer.