Mediterranean Grain Salad
Our fourth heat wave of the season and counting. Quick, light, refreshing, “no cooking” required meals are a necessity.
- 1/3 cup medium-grind bulgur
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ounce fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a heatproof bowl, mix bulgur with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup boiling water. Cover, and let stand until tender but slightly chewy, about 30 minutes.
- Drain bulgur in a fine-mesh sieve, pressing to remove liquid; return to bowl. Add tomatoes, parsley, shallot, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Top with cheese.
Recipe: Martha Stewart